Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 36: Communication

Today Gracie and I had a special moment.  We have gone several places different kinds of places together and have worked on sounds.  But this was different.  It was a moment when we communicated soul to soul.  I was sitting at the kitchen table reading.  Gracie was under the table dozing.  Then she got up, came out from under the table, and put her paws on me.  "Do you need to go out?" I asked.  She jumped away like she does with "the touch" (Hearing Dog pamphlet, page 5: "The touch is how the dog tells you that you must follow.")  So I got up, and Gracie led me right to the door.  Out we went.

It sounds small compared to going to a Twins Game or even walking nicely next to a shopping cart in the grocery store.  But it felt big, a sign that we are indeed becoming a team!

No comments:

Post a Comment