Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 23: Rain


Getting puddle wet
Gracie and I had a new experience today: heavy rain and the need to go out for a potty break.  The reality of living with a dog (as opposed to another person or a cat) is that rain or shine, hot or cold a dog needs to go outside to relieve itself.

Wet, muddy feet
As a camper and general outdoor person, I was prepared with a rain poncho, waterproof garden shoes, and an umbrella.  Little, furry Gracie was not so prepared.  The rain was coming down in a very distracting way for her.  The first time out only resulted in a sad look from Gracie.  I told her I would stop the rain if I could, but, of course, I cannot.  We went in.  I had not sooner gotten her dry then she asked to go out again.  Of course she did.  Out we went.  This time she did what we went out there to do.  Back inside, we again dried off as much as is possible with the amount of fur--two layers and counting--that she has.  Of course, all that fur makes her cute and pettable; however, getting her dry is not easy.  Now it is warm and being a little damp is okay.   What about fall, though, and winter?  We will definitely have to add a highly absorbent towel to her equipment list and maybe a dog raincoat and boots.  All this presents a new problem solving challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment