Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 99: A Day of Rest

Actually, Gracie and I don't get a day of rest.  In trying to get the schedule of very early mornings firmly established, we are getting up to the alarm at the same time every day.  We hurry outside first thing for Gracie's toilet.  We then come back inside for my coffee and her breakfast.  After she eats, I either get ready to go to campus or go to the sunroom where the computer is currently residing to check in with my classes in the campus e-mail or course delivery sites.  Gracie likes either option because it means taking a morning nap for her.  Martha called Gracie lazy when she was here, but I think that might be unfair.  Gracie snaps too when called on to do so; however, she is the queen of getting herself comfortable. 

Today, being Sunday, a larger than usual newspaper is on the kitchen table waiting to be read, but Gracie does not like being in the kitchen for too long because it is not very comfortable for her on the cold, linoleum floor.  I had just gotten the editorial page spread out today when she demanded that I follow her into the sunroom with her open-toed "touch."  (The "touch" is when a hearing dog jumps at a person and then away before making full, knock a person over contact.)  She was insistent--her nails need trimming, which we will hopefully take care of tomorrow but which currently add extra emphasis to her "touch"--and here I am.  The course delivery system is  down for maintenance, so I can't do my Sunday class maintenance on my two composition 1 classes until 9.  So, I'm going to end this and take Gracie for an early morning run.  I see the sun on the tops of the trees and, blessedly, no lawn mowers seem to be up yet.  Maybe after we run, Gracie will be willing to curl up in the kitchen while I read the paper.  It's worth a try, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment