Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 72: Keeping Cool.

Popsicles for dogs!
Our refrigerator dispensers crushed ice from the door.  It's not really a fancy refrigerator.  It's from Sears.  But it does dispense both ice and water--both filtered--from the door.  Once we got it, we quite buying bottled water.  In addition, getting cold water and ice without having to open the freezer or refrigerator door has to save energy.  The ice dispenser part is very noisy.  Being a hearing dog, Gracie is naturally interested in unusual noise--like the refrigerator dispensing ice.  When I get ice, she comes to watch.  One day, I offered Gracie  a small piece of ice because she looked so interested.  She took it and chewed it up with her back teeth.  I offered her another piece, and the same thing happened.   I wondered if this was good for her, so I wrote a quick e-mail to IHDI.  "She might like ice," they replied.  Well, she doesn't just like it; she loves it.  She would rather eat ice than drink water from her bowl.  I thought this was pretty unusual until I saw a Milkbone shaped ice tray at Chuck & Don's Pet Food Outlet one day.  Apparently, some humans are making chicken flavored, Milkbone shaped mini-Popsicles for their canine friends.  For now, though, Gracie is content with little ice chunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment