Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 93: Off and Running

Oh, no!  I set the alarm for 5 a.m.  It went off, but, of course, I didn't hear it.  Neither did Gracie, apparently, as she didn't wake me up.  Tomorrow we have to get up by at least 5 a.m. to get all our morning ritual completed before starting our 50+ minute drive to White Bear Lake in order to be in front of students by 7:45 a.m.  I guess we didn't practice enough or practice in the right way (without her knowing that we were just practicing--more of the "real thing" though I am not sure how we would have done this), did too many things this weekend, and simply have gotten too good at sleeping enough to feel rested over the summer.  Sadly, all that will have to stop now.  I guess we'll need to get to bed tonight by 9 p.m. in order to get started at the right time tomorrow.  Maybe we need a louder, less subtle alarm--like the smoke detector!  Gracie is very good with that sound.

Gracie says, "Is one of those for me?"
Meanwhile, in an effort to eat as many of the delicious beef steak tomatoes that we possibly can, Bruce barbecued hamburgers last night on our little Weber grill set-up on the driveway while Gracie watched him from her perch up on our deck.  Since Bruce was trying not to use lighter fluid to get the fire ramped up, the process took a lot of time.  Rather than lying down and dozing off, Gracie rested her chin on the deck railing.  Is any other dog as cute as this one?  It's had for me to imagine...now if she'd only hear that alarm clock go off!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment