Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 78: Batter up!

Sometimes I think Gracie is disappointed by quiet days at home.  She certainly perked up today when we started getting ready to go to the Twins game.  As is her new way, she leaped into the trailer behind the bike.  Then we were off for the 45 minute ride to and then down the Cedar Lake bike trail--the trail now goes all the way to the river, but we got off at Target stadium.  Keeping up with Bruce is a bit of the challenge.  I think he forgets that I'm peddling for two.  He is helpful though.  For example, once we were parked and had locked the bikes to a post and had hurried into the stadium, Bruce said he would hurry ahead and put Gracie's bath mat down, so when we got there, her place would be all set for her.  He then hurried off.  This seemed like the perfect opportunity to give Gracie a potty break, something I was thinking I should have done before we took off on the bikes.  She's so good about waiting and about telling me she needs to go out that I would hate for her to have an accident that she simply couldn't help.  Instead of following Bruce, Gracie and slipped back out of the stadium and headed for our favorite grassy knoll.  I was right too.  As soon as she got on the grass, Gracie relieved herself.  What a good girl!  Back to the park entrance we went.  But when I gave the ticket taker my ticket, she frowned.  Then it dawned on me.  We had already checked in, so our ticket was in effect spent.  "I had to bring her back out to relieve herself," I said, nodding at Gracie.  Luckily, the ticket taker was young and female.  She smiled at Gracie, then said, "Well next time you have to tell someone that you're leaving the park and get your ticket stamped."  At least that's what I think she said.  Anyway, she let us in.  When we found the seats, Bruce had the bath mat all spread out for Gracie.  She drank some water from her portable bowl; then she lay down with her head on my feet and went to sleep.  She was lucky, actually.  The Twins lost to the Sox 7 to zip; it was not a pretty site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment