Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 83: Teeth

 Until Tuesday, Luis Carlos Montalvan's book about his service dog Tuesday, includes lots of interesting details about how Montalvan takes care of Tuesday.  I've already mentioned the baby wipes to clean Tuesday's paws, which works well, is portable, and seems to be good for the paws too.  It seems Montalvan also brushes Tuesday's teeth, and , from the description, Tuesday likes it!  The key, it seems, is the dog toothpaste, flavored in various meats rather than the mint so many humans seem to go for. 

Yesterday, Gracie and I had to pick up more dog food.  We found the Eukanuba IHDI recommends so quickly and easily that I decided to see what this particular store had in the way of dog, meat-flavored tooth paste.  Beef and chicken came in dispensers that looked a lot like the dispensers Crest comes in!  The toothbrushes, though, looked a little harsh.  Eukanuba had a display that read "Free.  Take one."  So I did.  Inside the little box, I found not only a small pamphlet on  dental hygiene for pets but also what I can only call a "finger brush."  It fits on my finger so I can rub the meat paste on Gracie's teeth.  Neat.  So, along with the bag of chow, we bought a tube of chicken paste.  Gracie doesn't love having me stick my finger in her mouth, but she does seem to like licking the chicken paste off her teeth.  Why not?  It can't hurt her, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment