Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 6: Old Hat

Saturday, May 28

Today started out promising to be the ideal Memorial Weekend day weatherwise.  Biking to the Coop for more sprouts and milk felt like old hat.  Into the bike trailer and into the store went smoothly.  Even telling Gracie to "hurry up" to relieve herself before going on duty in her Hearing Dog vest went smoothly.

When we got back home, we found an old college friend of Bruce's waiting for him in the kitchen.  Off they went to play golf for the day.  So Gracie and I decided to drive to Cedar Lake and take advantage of our Minneapolis Park Board parking sticker.   Wearing the orange Hearing Dog vest, Gracie hit the Cedar Lake walking path at a trot and deftly ignored the other dogs being walked and even the occasional "what a cute dog" remark which, of course, she is.  (I hope they weren't referring to me, now that I think about it.  Probably not, right?)  No one was at the Cedar Lake beach, so we tried wading out a bit to see how cold the water still is and to see what Gracie thinks about water, lake water.  Out she waded, not a moments hesitation.  Kayaking and canoeing might just work!  Gracie seems to be up for anything I'm doing.  (Though she really does not like the garage door either opening or shutting.)

Gracie looked thirsty.  I don't have a portable dog bowl yet; though that is on my list.  I'm not sure about drinking the lake water either.  I wouldn't and so don't think she should either.  So we came home for a cool drink and a little rest. I didn't have that camera, so another shot of Gracie sleeping is all I can include today.
This dog knows a lot, including how to be comfortable!

No comments:

Post a Comment