Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 3: Errands in Earnest

Wednesday, May 25

This morning, Martha arrived at 9:30 a.m. and announced that she was leaving.  The story of her past as a professional dog trainer was very interesting.  Clearly, both Gracie and I are beneficiaries of Martha's experience.  Though we are ready to work on our own after Martha's five coaching sessions, it was sad to see her go.  Gracie is really fond of her and I am too.


After Martha left, Gracie and I headed out to run errands.  First stop, the BoneAdventure where we got a seat belt for Gracie and found a perfect dog car seat that could double as a bike trailer bed that we are seriously considering, especially since I had to pry Gracie out of it after she sampled it for a few minutes.  Next we went to the Coop.  Being with Gracie helped me notice how good the Coop smells with its Deli section.  I wondered if this would distract her, but it didn't!  When she is wearing her Hearing Dog   From there, we went to the bike store to check out the front facing bike seat that sits on the handle bars.  Though the idea was intriguing, Gracie is just a bit too big for it.  The bike shop folks had a lot of good suggestions the best of which was this: "Make sure she is comfortable."  The dog car seat at the BoneAdventure was certainly that!  Our final stop was at the Westgate Pet Clinic for the Frontline Flea Prevention that Martha insisted we have for Gracie as my lawn and garden assistant.  That turned out to be more of an ordeal than I planned as Gracie had to be weighed and photographed because dosage is dependent on weight.

After a quick but noisy walk back to the car, Gracie and I headed home.  This time, we were both exhausted.  


Errands wear me out!


No comments:

Post a Comment