Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 1: Gracie arrives

Monday, May 23

Today, Gracie arrived with Martha, the founder of IHDI--International Hearing Dog, Inc.  Gracie was wary of me, but she is a very friendly dog who has given me the benefit of the doubt all day.  Though she clearly prefered Martha to me as long as Martha was around, Gracie was willing to walk to the Vet for a dog brush with me and then stay quietly with me while I planted a few flowers in the garden.  She played fetch a bit but stopped because I found myself saying, "Go get it," which Martha said NOT to do as "go" sounds too much like "no"!   As Martha advised, I gave her dinner at 4 p.m., which she ate all up (as her instructions said she might not do!)  Now she is napping while I write. 

1 comment:

  1. This should be great. I had NO idea you had any hearing difficulties. You might want to check out my little blog, at www.expolitednudewhitehusbands.blogspot.com. Have fun! (feel free to skip any of the sports stuff).

    ReplyDelete