Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 4: Biking

Thursday, May 26

This morning, Gracie and I did a lot of practicing: someone is at the door; hey, the phone is ringing!; and wake up, the smoke alarm went off.  It's hard not giving her a treat for everything, but Martha said only for the phone since that one is the hardest one for any dog--even amazing Gracie--to find urgent.  Getting a coveted treat, of course, IS urgent...especially when she sees it sitting by the phone BEFORE it rings.  I'm glad we have three months to work on all this!!  I'm also glad Gracie is so patient with me.  What a good dog.

After our work, Gracie and I took a bike ride.  The bike trailer I found on Craig's List a few years ago for grocery shopping is perfect--a little heavier than most bike trailers (the reason it was for sale, actually), it is very stable even with a light load like groceries...or Gracie.  Best of all, Gracie likes it.  She likes it so much, she didn't want to get out of the cart when we got back to the house.  Next stop?  Lake Harriet!!

Stopping off at Bruce's office for a quick pic.  Smile, Gracie!

No comments:

Post a Comment