Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 60: Adaptable

Gracie and I had developed a routine of walking and eating and working with errands and other things mixed in.  But that routine was lost for two days while I wasn't feeling well.  The heat wave didn't help, of course.  The long and short of it is that for the past three days--it's still hot and I'm still moving slower than usual--Gracie hasn't been getting as much exercise.  She has quietly adapted to the change, however. 

Tomorrow the heat is supposed to ease up a little.  The humidty already seems a bit less extreme.  I plan to be back to my old self and am making a list of all the things I plan to get done.  Though I hope that we don't have another heat wave of this magnitude this summer and that, if we do, I don't get sick in the middle of it, I do feel more confident that Gracie will gracefully adjust to our ratched up schedule next month when the Fall Semester begins at the community college.

No comments:

Post a Comment